PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
“It’s one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it’s another thing to make a portrait of who they are.”
– Paul Caponigro
Arguably the most fascinating subject to photograph, ourselves. We believe that people are the colour that shapes the world.
Portraiture dates back to ancient Egypt where the only way to record the appearance of someone was through painting, sculpture or drawing. A portrait can symbolise character, importance, power and beauty. The identifying characteristic is the human element.
• Constructed Portraiture – a posed form of photography. Often with the use of studio equipment such as lights and back drops
• Candid Portraiture – an informal approach. The subject is not posed and often does not look directly at the camera
• Environmental Portraiture – depicts the subject in their surroundings or natural environment
• Traditional Portraiture – the face and expression are the predominant element to the photograph.
• Abstract portraiture – which are not necessarily based on realistic depiction
• Self- portraiture – a sub-group of portraiture and is often contemplative and self-revealing.
We welcome any style of portrait. We are looking for original, striking imagery.
HOW MUCH TO ENTER?
WHAT CAN I WIN?
OTHER CATEGORIES THAT MAY INTEREST YOU