Photo Collective invites photographers residing in Australia or Australian citizens living overseas to enter the 2021 APA Open & Illustrative Award.
Since launching in 2016, the APA Open & Illustrative Award has created an important space for the changing ways Australian photographers make imagery.
We seek to award and celebrate new and experimental modes of photography alongside traditional methods which allow us to find meaning through experimentation. This can include traditional analogue techniques or digital manipulations.
Our committee is particularly interested in the use of new technologies or contemporary uses of traditional technology. We encourage the incorporation of mixed media or alternative processes and value the freedom to find expression outside of traditional photographic confines. When viewing work, we consider intent and meaning alongside technical ability.
We seek to recognise work which can open important dialogues and explore big ideas through photography. Our committee considers context beyond the surface of the image. We do not encourage work which exploits, endangers, harms or stereotypes. For this reason, image statements are a valuable tool in conveying concepts, techniques and ideas. We encourage entrants to consider pairing their photographs with words.
• (1x) Nikon Z7 Camera body + NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f4 S kit valued at A$4,500
• (1x) Format Framing (print and frame) voucher (600 x 900 mm) valued at A$310
• (1x) Momento Pro Voucher valued at A$100
• (1x) Urth ND Selects Filter Kit Plus+ valued between A$90 – A$279
• (1x) 1 hour Mentorship Session with Photo Collective valued at A$195
• (1x) Ilford Sprite 35-II reusable camera valued at A$60
• (1x) 12 month membership to Photo Collective valued at A$75
• Featured in the 2021 APA Annual
- All elements must be 100% produced by the entrant, including textures and borders. No stock photography is allowable
- Please do not add any watermarks to your entries. All entries with watermarks on will be disqualified
- Please do not enter any images that have been entered into APA in previous years as they will be disqualified