Photo Collective invites photographers residing in Australia or Australian citizens living overseas to enter the 2021 APA Landscape Award.
Since launching in 2016, the APA Landscape Award has created an important space for the changing ways Australian photographers tell stories about landscape and environment.
We seek to award and celebrate new and experimental modes of photography alongside traditional photography which allows us to find meaning through landscape photography. This can include natural landscapes, built environments or the way humans relate to their surroundings.
Our committee is particularly interested in the new and exciting ways Australian photographers are recontextualising what a landscape can be. We encourage unique, artful and research driven approaches. When viewing work, we consider intent and meaning alongside technical ability. Our organisation strives to decolonise language around space and country, so please keep this in consideration.
We seek to recognise work which can open important dialogues and explore big ideas through photography. Our committee considers context beyond the surface of the image. We do not encourage work which exploits, endangers, harms or stereotypes. For this reason, image statements are a valuable tool in conveying concepts, techniques and ideas. We encourage entrants to consider pairing their photographs with words.
• (1x) Epson SureColor P906 printer valued at A$2,000
• (1x) Format Framing (print and frame) voucher (600 x 900 mm) valued at A$310
• (1x) Ilford Galerie Paper pack valued at A$500
• (1x) A$1000 Cash Prize provided by Photo Collective
• (1x) Momento Pro Voucher valued at A$100
• (1x) Urth Nature Filter Kit Plus+ valued between A$129 – A$297
• (1x) 1 hour Mentorship Session with Photo Collective valued at A$195
• (1x) Ilford Sprite 35-II reusable camera valued at A$60
• (1x) 12 month membership to Photo Collective valued at A$75
• Feature in the 2021 APA Annual
- A landscape can include people or animals although the primary subject should remain the environment (either built or natural)
- Entries must be 100% photographic and all elements must be produced by the entrant, including textures or borders. No stock photography is allowable
- Composite Photography should be entered into the Open category. However diptychs and triptychs are allowable
- Removal of elements is allowable, however the addition of new elements including skies is not allowable
- Please do not add any watermarks to your entries. All entries with watermarks on will be disqualified
- Please do not enter any images that have been entered into APA in previous years as they will be disqualified