“Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up.”
– Pablo Picasso.
The Under 13 category is open to all people 13 years old and under at the time of entry and spans all genres. Young creative minds are without boundaries, obligations and expectations which can result in amazing and revealing perspectives about our world.
The Under 13 category is a free entry when the entrant has submitted to one of the other main categories. This way the entrant has a chance to win their chosen category as well as the Under 13 category.
We are looking for original photographs that show your unique perspective of the world, that surprise us and share your interest and passion for photography.
Although we accept imagery that has been entered in other competitions we are on a mission to find original, undiscovered work we have not seen before.
HOW MUCH TO ENTER?
- Entries must be 100% photographic and all elements must be produced by the entrant.
- Entrants must be 13 years and under at the time of making their entry. This means that entrants who are 14 years and over cannot enter work they produced when they were under 13.
- Photographs should be the work of the child. Parents and other people can help advise the entrant on photography techniques and photographing safely, but parents and others cannot direct the taking of the photograph or edit it without the direct instruction of the entrant. It should represent the child’s vision.
- The entrant must have intended to take a photograph. A tripod could be set up for a child if requested to photograph a landscape but a child cannot be lead to take a photograph that is already set up.
- Entrants must follow the rules of their entered category. Entries will be judged with the context of their original categories and the rules they must follow, but ultimately judging will aim to reward great photography on its own merits.
- Parents and other people can assist in writing a caption that expresses the entrants thoughts on their photograph. The formatting, spelling, grammar and structure of any caption will not be a consideration in judging the photograph so we encourage entrants to share at whatever level they are able.
- Please do not add any watermarks to your entries as the judging is anonymous. All entries with watermarks on will be disqualified.
- Please do not enter any images that have been entered into APA in previous years as they will be disqualified.