“Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind..”
– Anthony Bourdain.
The travel & street category is for photographs that reveal something about environments natural or human that evokes a feeling of exploration and discovery. It can be interpreted broadly with photographs domestic and overseas being considered in a travel or street photography context.
It may contain a fleeting observation or a documentation of custom, culture or history. The subject matter may span other categories such as portrait or landscape, it could document occurrences on the street or even tourism and its impact. Judging of the category will be interpreted broadly.
Entrants are encouraged to submit authentic and original photography and to experiment with what travel and street photography can be. We want to see new exciting imagery that tells us a different story.
Although we accept imagery that has been entered in other competitions we are on a mission to find original, undiscovered work we have not seen before.
HOW MUCH TO ENTER?
- Entries must be 100% photographic and all elements must be produced by the entrant, including textures or borders. No stock photography is allowable.
- Composite Photography should be entered into the Open category. However diptychs, triptychs and sequences are allowable.
- The use of texture overlays is allowable provided the origin is photographic and produced by the entrant.
- Removal of incidental elements is allowable, including dust spots, a branch and debris.
- Any caption should be succinct, factual and informative. Captions should not be leading, for example trying to create emotion that isn’t present in the photograph or used to mislead the viewer into a false understanding of the photograph or its subject matter.
- Please do not add any watermarks to your entries as the judging is anonymous. All entries with watermarks on will be disqualified.
- Please do not enter any images that have been entered into APA in previous years as they will be disqualified.