“Now I have access to literally the entire world”.
– Richard Koci Hermandez.
The mobile category celebrates the accessibility and ingenuity of mobile phone based photography. The category is not limited to any particular genre and may even overlap other categories such as portrait, landscape, documentary or wildlife & animal. It is up to the entrant to decide where their work fits best or whether to enter multiple categories.
Entrants are encouraged to be inventive, playful and explore the limits of their mobile devices and use any mobile based techniques. These techniques could include panoramic modes, mobile camera apps, and even quirky techniques such as face swapping if the subject matter supports it. We want to see exciting imagery that still amazes us to know that it has been shot from a mobile device.
HOW MUCH TO ENTER?
- Entries must be 100% photographic and all elements must be produced by the entrant, including textures or borders. No stock photography is allowable.
- The use of filters and editing using phone apps is allowable, however the phone app should not introduce any elements that don’t already exist within the photograph. For example a face swap is ok, as the faces exist within the photograph and are being relocated.
- However adding a fire graphic from an app would be adding an element and not allowable.
- Photographs downloaded from the phone and edited on the computer is allowable. The entrant should be able to provide an original file if called upon to verify the mobile capture.
- Although we accept imagery that has been entered in other competitions we are on a mission to find original, undiscovered work we have not seen before.
Please do not add any watermarks to your entries as the judging is anonymous. All entries with watermarks on will be disqualified.
- Please do not enter any images that have been entered into APA in previous years as they will be disqualified.