“Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.”
– Mark Riboud.
The film category celebrates the medium of film and analogue processes. Entries can span any genre and can utilise any film techniques including panoramic film, polaroid or the use of expired film among others.
We are looking for original and impactful photographs captured on film, as well as capturing that intangible magic of film that draws people to continue using it today. Although we accept imagery that has been entered in other competitions we are on a mission to find original, undiscovered work we have not seen before.
HOW MUCH TO ENTER?
- Entries must be 100% photographic and all elements must be produced by the entrant.
- Captures must be in-camera. Multiple exposures are permitted, but frames cannot be edited together.
- Elements of the photograph can be removed digitally, however no elements can be added including textures or borders.
- The film photograph can be processed in the darkroom or digitally.
- Film entrants that wish to composite or that fall outside of these requirements should enter another category or the Open category.
- Please do not add any watermarks to your entries as the judging is anonymous. All entries with watermarks on will be disqualified.
- Please do not enter any images that have been entered into APA in previous years as they will be disqualified.